Cannabis infused cornbread is quick and easy, and it tastes buttery and delicious! All you need is cannabutter and a few basic ingredients to make this sweet baked goodie. Cornbread is a classic recipe that most people will have made before. It has even been called a cornerstone of Southern United States Cuisine!
With that in mind, you might not be surprised to learn that marijuana-infused cornbread recipes are springing up all over the place. The cannabis community has found a love for this delicious baked good, and it might even replace the humble pot brownie as a staple.
In this recipe, we run through everything you need to know to make the best cannabis infused cornbread, including our tips for cannabutter, which is used as one of the staple ingredients.
What Is Cornbread?
Cornbread is, historically, an authentically American dish. The indigenous peoples of the United States have been using maize (corn) for thousands of years, well before Europeans arrived on the continent. When the colonists settled, the Native Americans introduced them to cornmeal, and the Europeans quickly devised ways to use it in recipes that mimicked the grain breads from home.
Cornmeal is coarser than flour, so cornbread has quite a different texture. It also contains plenty of butter, making it moist and tasty (in some cases, it is even served with butter on the side). Many people enjoy cornbread with a good chilli con carne recipe.
DID YOU KNOW? Cornbread is a traditional American dish, dating back to pre-colonial times.
The cornbread made in the south and in the north can vary quite drastically. In the south, cornbread traditionally contains no sugar, but northern cornbread varieties are cakier because brown sugar is often added. In some instances, the cook will add extra ingredients like pork rinds, corn kernels, or jalapeno peppers.
How to Make Canna Infused Cornbread
One last thing to make sure of when preparing your cannabutter is that you calculate the correct dosage based on your tolerance levels. The last thing you want is to “green out” by making it too strong!
Cannabis Infused CornbreadCourse: EDIBLE RECIPES
2 tablespoons cannabutter, melted
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 /3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 ¼ cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Grab a 9×13 inch baking pan and grease it or spray with cooking oil.
- Take a large mixing bowl and whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, add the melted butter and cannabutter, milk, and eggs. Whisk these together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir it together until well-combined.
- Then, transfer the batter to the baking tin. Level it out, then place it in the center of the oven for 35-45 minutes.
- When ready, cool on a baking tray before removing from the pan. Serve by cutting into 12 even squares.
- As always, make sure you use edibles responsibly and take the time to work out the correct dosage.
Final Thoughts on Cannabis Infused Cornbread
This cannabis infused cornbread recipe is super simple, and incredibly tasty. It’s basically the perfect cannabis edible!
Once you’ve mastered the recipe, you can play around with it a little. For example, you can totally alter the traditional cornbread flavor profile by removing the sugar and adding in jalapeno slices as a substitute.