Infused Orange Chicken – Chinese food is a classic staple after getting high. Smoke some weed order takeout. The two pair fabulously, as the delicious food hits the spot after feeling buzzed.
It’s even possible to take things a step further. Why not combine these two entities into one awesome explosion of Asian flavor and herbal high? You’ll quickly find out that perfection is an achievable goal.
Skip the Panda Express and go the long route, via your kitchen. Orange chicken is a very popular and delicious Chinese food dish that satisfies time and time again. This recipe is considered a healthier alternative to deep-fried batters, so revel in the fact that you are being the best version of yourself. This infused meal uses cannabis oil, which can be made at home or bought at a dispensary.
How to make Infused Orange ChickenCourse: EDIBLE RECIPESCuisine: Chinese, Cantonese, Western Chinese Food
For the Chicken
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs cornstarch
2-3 tbs cannabis-infused oil
For the Orange Sauce
1 cup orange juice
½ cup mirin
3 tbs brown sugar
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tsp peeled and grated ginger
1 minced or finely chopped garlic clove
1 tbs orange zest
3 tsp cornstarch
3 tsp water
- First, make the orange sauce. To do this, heat a small saucepan over medium heat on the stove. Combine the orange juice, mirin, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and the orange zest into the pot. Bring the mix to a boil. Simmer the ingredients on medium-low heat for 6 – 8 minutes.
- While the other ingredients are simmering, whisk together the water and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- After the orange sauce has finished cooking for the 6 – 8 minutes, add the water and cornstarch into the mix. Stir well, and simmer for an additional 3 – 5 minutes, until it becomes a thick sauce consistency.
- Next, add the chicken chunks into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir in the soy sauce, and then the cornstarch, mixing well.
- Heat up a large skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add the canna-oil, and then place the chicken in a single layer over the pan. Cook the chicken until golden on one side, and then flip all of the pieces to cook on the other side. It should take about 6 – 8 minutes total to cook the chicken. Once the chicken is cooked, remove them from the heat and place them on a paper towel-lined plate. It might take a few rounds of chicken batches until all 2 lbs are cooked.
- Once all the chicken is cooked, return the pieces to the oiled skillet, and pour the orange sauce. Stir the chicken to ensure that all chunks are properly coated.
- Serve and enjoy!